Welcome

Hello World... welcome to my site if you have any questions email me at tallycupcakecamp@gmail.com!

About me

Cupcake Camp Tallahssee is hosted by me, Crystal, a cupcake lover... basically a gathering of people who love cupcakes and love helping people... 2010 is our first year and hopefully only the beginning of a way to give great things back to the community...you may feel like you can't change the world but you can change one life at a time

My Blog List

Labels

Tag Cloud

Older thoughts

Search

Donations :)

People who listen :)

Twitter

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another Adventure :)

This week my kids start school this is another adventure of my life, with Cupcake Camp, a two year old birthday party to plan, and 2 kids in school this year I have my hands pretty full, but I am trying my best to update as much as possible. I am amazed to see the growing support of Cupcake Camp Tallahassee, and I am hoping that it continues to grow to an annual event in which we can help the foundation for many years to come. Today my daughter reminded me of a very interesting lesson. She was upset today while we were shoe shopping because none of the 3 shoes she wanted were in her size, I impatiently rolled my eyes and said, Jailyn (that's my princesses name) that enough after about 5 minutes of whining I told her it wasn't that big of a deal and that it wasn't a huge problem like she was making it out to be. She just looked at me and tears started to fall. She said but mom "it is a big deal TO ME".... and it was she was nervous about school she was nervous about her friends and her life and she had no control of anything and the one things that she felt she would have control over was the shoes she wanted to wear. I understood perfectly I understood because I have felt like that. It is one of the reasons I am organizing Cupcake Camp Tallahassee and donating to the Jessica June's Children's Cancer Foundation, because sometimes in life we can go about our own business and just ignore some of the world around us. We can forget that sometimes people really just need help they need someone to basically tell them it's gonna be ok. To give 5 minutes of their day to think of someone else and not wonder in what way it is going to affect them. Sometime I wonder what would happen if everyone pick just one person to help.... on a side note... after 2 other stores we finally found the perfect shoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Designed by: Compartidísimo | Brought to you by Blogger Template Place & Blogger Tutorial
Scrapping elements: Deliciouscraps©